THE EFFECT OF MICROELEMENTS ON PEROXIDASE AND POLYPHENOLOXIDASE ACTIVITY IN PEPPER LEAVES AND FRUITS
AbstractThe paper deals with the impact of micro elements (B, Zn, Cu, Co, Mn) on the activity of ferments – peroxidase and polyphenoloxidase in th eleaves and fruit of pepper (Capsicum annum). Enzyme activity varies according to different vegetative phases of a research plant. Both in the control and microelement variants during higher activity of peroxidase, polyphenoloxidase activity is rather low. Due to boron activity polyphenoloxidase activity particularly increases when 4-5 leaves appear, in later phases it decreases. While treating seeds with zinc peroxidase activity decreases in pepper leaves in the early phase of vegetation and fruits, and even reaches a maximum when fruits start to appear. Copper and cobalt increase peroxidase activity in the leaves and fruits in the late phase. Manganese effect on polyphenoloxidase activity in the early phase of vegetation is lower than in the later phase. In pepper fruits polyphenoloxidase activity increases, while peroxidase activity is reduced.
1. Tkemalaze G., Kvesitadze G. Enzymology. (Prac¬tice) // “Metsniereba”, Tbilisi, 1975, 298 pp. (in Georgian).
2. Shkolnik M.Ya. Microelements in Plant Life // “Nau¬ka”, L., 1974, 323 pp. (in Russian).
3. Rubin B.A., Ladygina M.E. Physiology and Bio¬chemistry of Plant Respiration // MSU, Moscow, 1974, 511 pp. (in Russian).
4. Yakushkina N.I., Bakhtenko E.Y. Plant Physiology // “MIR”, Moscow, 2005, 463 pp. (in Russian).
5. Goodwin T., Mercer E. Introduction to Plant Bio¬chemistry // “MIR”, Moscow, 1986, 274 pp. (in Russian).
6. Libbert E. Plant Physiology // “MIR”, Moscow, 1976, 580 pp. (in Russian).
7. Mangaladze N. et al. The Effect of Microelements on the Activity of Enzymes in Vegetables // “Matsne”, Acad¬emy of Sciences, Biology Series, B, 1, vol. 4. 2006, pp. 84-87.